Others have unpacking videos.. we have Weewar on the iPhone

Johnny just sent us this video of him testing Weewar.com on his brand new iPhone. He looks like he spent all night playing with the iPhone – but then who wouldn’t :) Cheers!

1. Posted July 1, 2007 at 11:33 | Permalink

Apart from Johnny looking like a very tired version of Jeff Goldblum I can’t tell if he’s annoyed from having waited in line for the iPhone, but playing WeeWar on a portable is pretty awesome. It’s just a shame that the iPhone is marketed as a phone and not a true PocketPC :)

2. anonymous
    Posted July 2, 2007 at 11:35 | Permalink

Hey, how come Johnny has a Pro account and he’s invited ZERO people?

That hardly seems fair to the rest of us begging people to play just one game so we can get a shot at a pro account.

3. Posted July 2, 2007 at 13:15 | Permalink

Wow.. I really do look quite terrible in that video. Just meant to quickly share it with Alex and was coaxed into releasing it for the blog. :) I think that look of annoyed/concerned/pisstivity stemmed from a combination of sun in my eyes and trying to coordinate the phone with the camera. Trying to use the phone from behind is pretty much impossible.

anon—I’ve been playing/testing/breaking the game for a long time now. My invites don’t show up because they were done before Pro was introduced. Not trying to be snobby.. just trying to explain. :)

4. anonymous
    Posted July 3, 2007 at 11:26 | Permalink

Johnny,

Explanation was all that was needed, thank you!  I was started to doubt the fairness of wee.

And on how you look in the video, you are holding an iPhone.  Of course you look cool holding an iPhone!

Posted July 3, 2007 at 11:34 | Permalink

You’ll be pleased to know that the video got a direct link from this article on mashable: http://mashable.com/2007/07/02/weewar/

(they only got some 140k RSS subscribers – so no biggie :P )

6. Paul
    Posted August 2, 2007 at 18:03 | Permalink

Has anyone tried Weewar on the Playstation Portable yet?

It seems like it should work as long as the maps aren’t too big…

7. aleister0209
    Posted August 9, 2007 at 17:59 | Permalink

long ago on my friends nintendo i found a game nearly exactly like this and have been searching for like long time to find a game like this 4 the pc thank u allmighty lords of computer gaming (i guess i phones too)