Trouble shooting Saturday

[Update: If you find any more bugs please feel free to post them here, or via the feedback form. The server will remain online now.]

To respond to the bugreports of this saturday morning, we will take the server down every now and then. Please bear with us as we fix bugs that prevent some players from playing.

1. Ace
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 13:59 | Permalink

I am not having a game displayed so I cannot take my turn. I’ve already left this comment earlier, but thought I should post it here since you are busy troubleshooting. Thanks! I do have text, and I do have avatars being displayed. I can comment in the chat section. I cannot access a new game invite that is waiting for me.

2. Ace
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 14:03 | Permalink

Email isn’t working either. I wasn’t notified of the new game invite or that it was my turn on one of my games where I’ve checked my account and it is my turn. I love it here, btw. Hope this feedback helps. I’m up for testing, too, just about any day..

3. Mike
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 14:11 | Permalink

Weewar isn’t working at all for me in Firefox, just IE on WinXP Pro.

4. luckymustard
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 14:19 | Permalink

Thanks for your fix of my earlier problem(s)!

In this game, http://weewar.com/game/12100, two people left but it doesn’t show the line through their names in either the HQ or in the game.

5. Brian O'Kelley
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 14:33 | Permalink

So, I’m confused – just tried the new map with water between the players, but how do I get troopers across the water? I don’t see any kind of transport unit.

Also, saw a bug last night where my DFA attacked (this on a different map) but it didn’t show any damage to the unit I attacked. Then I logged out and back in, and it was there.

6. gdin
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 20:04 | Permalink

Clearing the browser cache fixed a lot of display problems, but I don’t care for the fact that the playing board is not in a scrollable field.  I don’t need to surrender or accept a draw very often.  I would rather see the entire playing field.

– George

7. smoscone
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 21:58 | Permalink

I don’t know if the server is down at the moment, however at 6:39 PST the server will not load. It will not even show the “server is down” page. I am using a Mac at the moment and the browser is something called Camino. I don’t know more because this isn’t my computer, but information would be appreciated.

thanks

8. smoscone
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 22:35 | Permalink

Correction, on the above comment, it’s 6:39 CST.

thanks

9. Ace
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 00:37 | Permalink

I can see and play the game. Thanks! Scrolling is worse than it ever was, though, and when it is maximized, no help on the left like before. Also, my heavy infantry is now 150! I’m using firefox.

10. djdarkstar187
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 06:05 | Permalink

infantry should be 150, i can now use all new functions, but i have one little problem, i cant tell when some units have been used or not they don’t gray out about half of the time, or i cant tell whether i have killed a unit or not since about half the time the hp numbers don’t change

11. Ace
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 11:17 | Permalink

Thanks darkstar, I’ve now given away my newbie status. lol. Agreement here about the graying out not being easily identifyable. In this game: http://weewar.com/game/11029 I can’t get the tank out of my base. And again, being a newbie, I appreciated being able to refer to things on the left side of the monitor before an attack, or not. It looks like great things are on the way with sea and aircraft. Weewar rocks.

12. jim fox
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 18:18 | Permalink

has anyone else not been able to log onto weewar.com.  i have been trying all day and keep getting that the server is not available.  anyone out there have some insight

13. PeacefulBlueSky
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 18:41 | Permalink

Troubleshooting Sunday too, eh?

14. smoscone
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 19:04 | Permalink

I haven’t been able to get on either, the only time I was able to get on was late at night on Saturday.

15. ratioswitch
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 19:09 | Permalink

Hmm, yes, Sunday-troubleshooting-Sunday …

I played many games yesterday (Sat, July 22) without trouble (well maybe a tad slow). I’m using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Linux Ubuntu as well as on my Mac Book Pro using the same Firefox browser version number). The Mac displays much more stats detail above the chat window than Ubuntu. This gives the Mac an unfair advantage.

While I don’t have access to a PC right right to test this further, I’m also not able to test anything now as all I see on weewar.com the the maintenance screen.

Keep up the great work Weewar peoples … this is a great game and you’ve got me hooked!

Cheers,

_rs

16. ratioswitch
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 19:10 | Permalink

BTW, Linux Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn v7.0.4 and Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

17. Kabs
    Posted July 23, 2007 at 05:08 | Permalink

Im getting an image bug when i attack or get attacked. It shows up as a white box with a red x in it (like image could not be found)

heres a pic of it.. http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/18/hmmcw2.png is it a bug? or something else?

I use IE version 7. I have never seen an attack image ever whilst playing.

18. Ace
    Posted July 24, 2007 at 22:02 | Permalink

I’ve got that image bug as well on firefox. But the tank was good to go this round. Thanks!