Weewar data clean up

[Update: We’re back. Make sure to reload the page to update any cached files.]

We will be taking Weewar offline for a much needed data base clean up shortly. Currently we are carrying a lot of historic data that is not being used by anyone and makes updates and regular maintenance tasks unnecessarily slow . This will be a one time only process. The updated system will do this automatically in the future.

Once the site is back up please do check your headquarters and archive and let us know right away if anything is amiss.

We expect this to take 1 – 2 hours starting from 1.30 pm (BST).

1. Posted October 17, 2007 at 13:25 | Permalink

Yeah, apparently everything works as it did before.

2. gourmet
    Posted October 17, 2007 at 14:00 | Permalink

If i want to select a unit at my game :  http://weewar.com/game/32084

i get this message:

The game you selected does not exist. Please choose another game.

3. ironcamel
    Posted October 17, 2007 at 14:22 | Permalink

I have the exact same problem as gourmet.

4. ironcamel
    Posted October 17, 2007 at 14:25 | Permalink

OK, fixed the problem by reloading the page.  Must have had a stale cache.

5. davidjones.1980
    Posted October 17, 2007 at 14:27 | Permalink

I have the same issue for all my games.

6. davidjones.1980
    Posted October 17, 2007 at 14:28 | Permalink

Yup that worked for me…duh!

Posted October 17, 2007 at 15:13 | Permalink

Hello everybody. If you experience problems accessing or playing your games you need to reload the page to clear your cache. Everything should work fine once you do. Sorry for this.

8. pablo98166
    Posted October 17, 2007 at 16:23 | Permalink

I get this message also….The game you selected does not exist. Please choose another game.

I have cleared my cache and done everything I can think of but it still does not work.

9. Jef
    Posted October 17, 2007 at 22:09 | Permalink

Same problem as pablo98166. I have also cleared my cache. Logged off/on.

10. Posted October 18, 2007 at 02:25 | Permalink

I have the same problem – I have logged in from two different computers and same problem.

11. stagolee
    Posted October 18, 2007 at 08:11 | Permalink

Hey folks,

I similarly refreshed the page and closed and re-opened the browser to no avail. Depending on your internet settings you may need to manually clear your browsers cache most of you will know how to do this but just in case anyone doesn’t I’ve described the process below:

For Internet Explorer 6: go to “tools” at the top of the screen, choose “internet options”. On the “General” tab, in the “Temporary Internet Files” section, click the “Delete Files” button. When a dialogue pops up asking “delete all offline files” you can put a tick in it, it only refers to cached internet files.

For Internet Explorer 7: go to “tools” at the top of the screen, choose “delete browsing history” then click “delete files”

For Mozilla Firefox:  go to “tools” at the top of the screen, choose “clear private data” then make sure the box next to “cache” is ticked and then click “clear private data now”

12. Jef
    Posted October 18, 2007 at 20:11 | Permalink

Hey guys, there is still one computer that i use that still has the game selected does not exist problem, after i did everything you suggested above.  Any other possible solution?

13. spadequack
    Posted October 19, 2007 at 00:15 | Permalink

In Firefox, while on any weewar page, you can hit ctrl-shift-r to refresh cached files.

14. Baba
    Posted October 19, 2007 at 08:20 | Permalink

chat screens are blank this am in all existing games and when I try to move a unit I get this error message :

“Info

The game you selected does not exist. Please choose another game.”

15. Baba
    Posted October 19, 2007 at 09:25 | Permalink

^ when browser cache cleared (in Safari) above issues were resolved

16. Pretty please
    Posted October 22, 2007 at 16:45 | Permalink

CRUISE MISSILES. DO IT

17. Corsair
    Posted November 1, 2007 at 21:22 | Permalink

Big Problemmmmmmmmmmm ,,I believe I just took two turns without anyone else moving….thats what the replay looks like

Need helppppppppppp…game is called North VS. South Teams