current slowness

You may have noticed Weewar running rather slow at times after Friday’s update. We are investigating what is causing this. The new server cluster is running at a fraction of its possible load maximum and all seems to be working perfectly – yet the site feels slow from time to time. If anything the update should have sped things up and it seemed to have done that initially. Please bear with us while we sort it out.

Needless to say that all pro users will be compensated once everything is running smoothly again!

1. Squirtle4
    Posted December 3, 2007 at 20:44 | Permalink

Is there an update on test because i haven’t been able to get on test weewar all weekend or today????

2. nilsonsfj
    Posted December 3, 2007 at 20:53 | Permalink

I don’t know if this info will help at all but, right now, it’s extremely slow for me.

Since the update everything is worse. Even when things are fast enough, I experience weird issues like some actions just never complete and the spinner keeps going and going until I refresh the page. This also didn’t happen before.

I have no idea how things are behind the scenes (well, I only managed to find out you’re using Java thanks to an error page on test.weewar.com). From my experience, it’s possible that slowness associated with low CPU usage could mean you’re having some resource locking issue (DB locks, file locks, thread locks, semaphores, etc).

3. madmike
    Posted December 3, 2007 at 20:57 | Permalink

There is no test.weewar.com. It is offline since the update was moved to live servers. Test is only up when there needs testing to be done. :)

4. pluto
    Posted December 3, 2007 at 21:59 | Permalink

It seems to be a bit faster now

5. Bryan
    Posted December 3, 2007 at 22:04 | Permalink

The site is much faster than it was earlier today, but the big problem is that bugs from the test version are present on the regular site now. I’m playing a game with a friend, and when he went to take his turn he couldn’t move his units… he could move mine! He had full control of my account, including chat, surrendering, draws, and control of my games.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

6. DavyJones
    Posted December 3, 2007 at 22:57 | Permalink

Hrmmm….I still can’t remove a finished game from my queue.  All I can do is “View the game”.  Thoughts?  I already cleared out my cache and restarted and logged on and off a few times but nothing changed.

7. DavyJones
    Posted December 3, 2007 at 23:00 | Permalink

Never mind…I found it.  For those who don’t know (probably not many by now), you have to view the game and instead of the “Surrender” or “Abandon this game” button, they are replaced by the “Archive this game” and “Remove permanently” buttons.  :-D

8. Bert
    Posted December 4, 2007 at 11:22 | Permalink

[Update: We’re back]

Weewar will be down for a hotfix later this day.

9. Jack Johnson III
    Posted December 4, 2007 at 15:20 | Permalink

I can’t seem to delete any games from my list…even when the game is over? What should I do?

Posted December 4, 2007 at 15:39 | Permalink

We have moved all game management functions into the game view. So in order to remove or archive games you need to open the game first.

11. Anable
    Posted December 4, 2007 at 16:39 | Permalink

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a weird little bug I found. Twice now, I’ve gone into my HQ, noticed it was my turn to play a round, and clicked to enter the game. Once in the game though, it says “anable is playing…” at the top and I have to log back in again to be able to take my turn.

I’m using Firefox on WinXP if that helps at all.

I tried to submit this via the feedback link but it said I wasn’t authorized to view the page when I click submit. =/

12. Simon
    Posted December 4, 2007 at 20:18 | Permalink

I have the same issue as Anable.

13. Beachnomad
    Posted December 5, 2007 at 00:23 | Permalink

I have a bug where I get the yellow sign that says its my turn, but when I click the button its not my turn yet. Not a big deal but kind of annoying.

14. pogothemonkey
    Posted December 5, 2007 at 08:06 | Permalink

can’t log in at all today

15. Jef
    Posted December 5, 2007 at 14:10 | Permalink

Well this morning everytime i try the community tab, my computer locks up.  I tried waiting it out to see if was just slow, but 2 or 3 minutes is a long enough wait. i also have the same problem as anable. i usually have to log in twice to actually get to play a game.  The speed is tolerable but it certainly isn’t faster.  There’s more but that’s enough complaining, thanks for the great little addictive game.  We all know you guys will resolve all the issues. :)

16. Bert
    Posted December 5, 2007 at 14:17 | Permalink

Thank you all for the patience.

Weewar will be down for another maintainance update later this day.

17. Posted December 5, 2007 at 16:07 | Permalink

I have noticed the slowness – presumed it was my Internet connection being annoying though… Thanks for the fix Weewar team!

18. stipejm
    Posted December 5, 2007 at 20:11 | Permalink

Possible bug. Game 43175.

10 (red) raider attacked a 10 (blue) LI, both on plains. Raider dropped to 1 and LI went to 8.

Hope this is the right place to report this.

Posted December 6, 2007 at 13:10 | Permalink

HI all,

we are very sorry for the continued problems. We have resolved the initial speed issues but are left with the new servers running once more close to their limit. So the recent downtimes where small patches to the configuration to resolve a few bottle necks (new ones).

We are also in the process of rewarding all pro subscribers with a 5 day extension to make up for this. More details to follow soon.

Sorry again!

20. Ben Rapin
    Posted December 10, 2007 at 14:04 | Permalink

Slowness seems to have come back…