model unit bug

Ugh, oh – it does not seem to end. We are really sorry for this. If you have encountered this error we are now busy fixing it. We’ll keep you posted as we learn more. Sorry for this delayed response!

Posted December 8, 2007 at 16:53 | Permalink

We have still not quite figured out what is happening. In order to get to the bottom of this we will turn on a more detailed logging on the life server shortly (this will require a sort downtime of 5-10 minutes). The logging will reduce the performance further but will hopefully give us some cues exactly where things are going wrong.

Please do send through any exceptions (via the option on the error screen) you encounter as with the extensive logs we will be able to reevaluate these errors in much greater detail.

Sorry again for not being able to give you an ETA just yet.

2. Posted December 8, 2007 at 17:00 | Permalink

Good luck Team WW – fix it good!

3. Posted December 8, 2007 at 17:18 | Permalink

Funny thing is I got that error for the first time today, but I had seen a lot of other people complaining about it.  Hope it goes well, good luck!

Jim

4. lux
    Posted December 8, 2007 at 19:23 | Permalink

Not sure if this error is related, but I just joined game #44393 and going to that game gives me this error:

“Error Parsing /tips.xhtml: Error Traced[line: 28] The element type “b” must be terminated by the matching end-tag “</b>”.”

Hope these are the last of them, so you guys get a break from bug fixing soon :)

Posted December 8, 2007 at 19:41 | Permalink

This one is actually a simple html typo (embarrassing but simple)… fixing now. Expect another short 5 minute down time shortly.

6. Dinoboff
    Posted December 8, 2007 at 19:44 | Permalink

I’ve got the same problem than Lux in game #44390

7. lux
    Posted December 8, 2007 at 19:59 | Permalink

Awesome, glad to see it’s fixed so fast!

Posted December 8, 2007 at 20:04 | Permalink

The model unit bug seems to be fixed. But we have a hunch that it may raise its ugly head again once the servers have been running for some time again. It seems to be one of those that only strikes after several hours of uptime. We are keeping an eye on it but for now you should be able to enjoy a worry free game of Weewar once more.

@Lux and @Dinoboff: That one is definitely fixed now.

9. vectorhive
    Posted December 10, 2007 at 15:19 | Permalink

seems really slow this morning.

10. Jef
    Posted December 10, 2007 at 16:25 | Permalink

Fellas, this is so slow.  A move that should have taken 30 seconds, took 10 minutes.  What’s up?  Can you fix it?  It’s been over a week now.  Sometimes OK, sometimes really bad.  There’s a lot of paying customers now.

11. luckymustard
    Posted December 10, 2007 at 19:12 | Permalink

the game in question is called Madlands and you can find it here http://battleground2.weewar.com/game/44664/9hJXEsLSe0Is

the first bug was for my opponent: he noticed that his heavy artillery disappeared.

the second bug was for me: two of my units (hovercraft and light infantry) are unmovable, like i had moved them during this turn, even though i had not.

12. J. Shirley
    Posted December 11, 2007 at 02:54 | Permalink

It’s just getting worse and worse.

This game, for me, is about a quick work day distraction.  When a move takes 2 minutes, cancels, then requires another move I’ve doubled the time I spent previously.

I think at this point things need to rollback, get fixed, or start offering refunds for the people who put up prepaid subscriptions.

Offering things like pro-extensions is great, but not fixing the problems and always having new ones pop up counters all of that.

13. Wolfman
    Posted December 11, 2007 at 09:27 | Permalink

I’m experiencing problems since yesterday to login…Always receive the message of maintenance (gears being oiled…)…Is it only to me?

14. Sionide
    Posted December 11, 2007 at 10:26 | Permalink

It’s not just you Wolfman

Posted December 11, 2007 at 10:31 | Permalink

We are still in the process of resolving these issues. Right now it is down to each server running way beyond its maximum load. Since we were not able to reduce the processing requirements of Weewar we will be adding several new servers shortly so that each will hopefully be able to cope with the reduced load.

As for pro players – we are not keen on keeping anybody’s money without delivering the service. But we would certainly hope that people bear with us a little longer. We are committed to make up for this and work hard on fixing the situation.

16. Nomind
    Posted December 11, 2007 at 11:53 | Permalink

J.Shirley: The pro accounts r like 4$ per month and you want a refund? Where r you writing from, Scotland? ;)

Keep up the good work WW guys.

17. Posted December 11, 2007 at 14:09 | Permalink

luckymustard mentioned above that his opponent noticed a unit disappeared.  I thought it was just me and I was losing my mind, but I had two units disappear in this game- http://battleground4.weewar.com/game/44374

My opponent even agreed he thought I had units there, confirming I haven’t completely lost it. :) Not trying to pile on here, just thought you should be aware of it.

Jim

18. Bryan
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 22:19 | Permalink

I click a unit, tell it to do something and get stuck with the “processing” message. I reload the site, and come back to find that the unit I was working with is not not selectable (it’s greyed out like I’ve already done something with it) but it hasn’t done what I told it to do!

This is really irritating the other guy’s beserkers don’t die by themselves, you know. Perhaps a bit more testing of future updates?