Adding more servers shortly

[UPDATE: We are back up and running with brand new extra servers. Weewar is running fast now but we’ll keep an eye on it]

We will be adding several new servers shortly to deal with the current load issues. Unfortunately this will require another short downtime later today (Tuesday, 12/11). Check this post and the comments for updates on our progress. We are really sorry for the continued interruptions and are working hard on fixing the situation.

1. madmike
    Posted December 11, 2007 at 13:37 | Permalink

wow. This is much better. Great Job.

2. Posted December 11, 2007 at 16:32 | Permalink

…I haven’t been getting my email updates (i.e. it’s your turn), is that just me?

3. Pluto
    Posted December 11, 2007 at 17:26 | Permalink

yep, it does seem a lot faster now, thanks a lot fellas!

4. Wolfman
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 11:53 | Permalink

I still can’t login…Always receive the Maintenance message…Am I doing something wrong???

5. Wolfman
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 12:13 | Permalink

Nevermind, I figured out how to solve the problem…

6. Posted December 12, 2007 at 16:49 | Permalink

It can still get terribly slow for me – especially so when there are many games waiting (in the triangle/notification area.)

7. AkaWaka
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 17:16 | Permalink

I think saintarved is correct.  Emails don’t appear to be getting sent when creating new games and inviting new players either.

8. organizefish
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 17:37 | Permalink

Ah, I was wondering why my friends weren’t contacting me going “What the heck is weewar?” Is there an update for why the emails/invitations aren’t being sent out?

Posted December 12, 2007 at 18:13 | Permalink

Emails are definitely sent out. Both for new invites and turn notifications. The sender appears as “Weewar <do-not-reply@weewar.com>”. Weewar is being blocked by several cooperate filters and schools (for obvious reasons). You might also want do double check your spam filters.

10. organizefish
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 21:14 | Permalink

Okay, about 5 of mine were sent to 4 different colleges, one of which I’m attending.  I would be rather surprised if my school blocked such an email.  But I suppose it’s possible.  However, one that should have gone through that I’m able to check on is my boyfriend’s gmail account.  I sent that over 4 hours ago and he’s received nothing thus far.

11. Posted December 12, 2007 at 21:55 | Permalink

FYI: I’m still not getting “it’s your turn” emails. Others in one of my games are experiencing this, too. I’m using gmail, and I’ve checked the spam folder…nothing.

12. Bryan
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 22:38 | Permalink

FYI:

I’m back to getting ridiculous page mashups. Part of my headquarters shows up in the game, taking over the place of the chat box and player list.

I also get javascript errors all over the place, again, mashed up with other components of the game window. Anyone else seeing these things?

13. spadequack
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 23:01 | Permalink

Yeah, I’m still getting those too. But at least this time, they go away after a refresh. And things are faster than they were a couple days ago.

Posted December 13, 2007 at 10:50 | Permalink

We are sorry to hear that some of you are still experiencing issues on the site. For us to best address these we need more details. Please submit any issues via this form: http://blog.weewar.com/index.php/contact/ and read through the lightweight instructions included there so we can sort these out. Thanks!

15. Posted December 16, 2007 at 15:55 | Permalink

> Emails are definitely sent out. Both for new invites and turn notifications. The > sender appears as “Weewar <do-not-reply@weewar.com>”. Weewar is being > blocked by several cooperate filters and schools (for obvious reasons). You > might also want do double check your spam filters.

Or better yet, use one of the 3rd Party notifier tools.  There is one for pretty much every OS under the sun.