testing map making

We have just deployed the very latest to test.weewar.com. Go there, sign up and use it just like the regular site. There is loads of micro changes and updates but the biggest news is the all new map editor. You can find it from your headquarters and use it to create and share your own maps. This is a big change so please test it thoroughly. We need all the feedback we can get to make sure we get it right and ready for the live system. To make it more fun upgrades to pro are completely free on test.weewar.com – but we might close the doors once a certain number of players have signed up.Enjoy!

1. nilsonsfj
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 21:04 | Permalink

This is a really cool update.

Unfortunately, I found a bug, though.
    I’m playing as blue on this game: http://testbattle2.weewar.com/game/6

But I’m not getting any income from my initial base.

2. dflores
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 21:57 | Permalink

Yeah, other than the lack of income so you can’t really play a game, it looks good.

3. dflores
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 22:35 | Permalink

Actually there seem to be a few income related issues. In the games we tried the initial income was not starting out with the amount we set it to.

4. Posted February 29, 2008 at 23:49 | Permalink

Wow, this is most awesome!

There seems to be a bug when editing maps. Sometimes when you try to delete a tile, it looks like nothing happens, i.e. the tile is still there. But if you go back to your HQ and then back to the map editor, the tile is gone

5. Posted February 29, 2008 at 23:53 | Permalink

also, I seem to remember having set my per base credits to 150, but looks like it got rounded to 200

6. cmdrvaughn
    Posted March 1, 2008 at 00:57 | Permalink

My credits per base and starting income numbers were reversed after I published the map. I’m also getting no income from any base – starting or captured. Oh, and I couldn’t start a hovercraft on the water when designing the map.

7. winter
    Posted March 1, 2008 at 04:18 | Permalink

If you put down 6 player starts you can’t publish the map.
    It seems like every map gets set to 4 players by default?

8. ewing.ryan
    Posted March 1, 2008 at 05:22 | Permalink

Thumbnails don’t generate when trying to create a game.

9. Posted March 1, 2008 at 06:33 | Permalink

One of the maps I created isn’t available because of the lack of a thumbnail, and the other has an error:

/map.xhtml @24,45 value=”#{fields}”: /editor.xhtml @282,64 value=”#{editorBean.fields}”: Error reading ‘fields’ on type com.weewar.web.jsfbeans.EditorJSFBean

10. Posted March 1, 2008 at 10:18 | Permalink

Thanks a lot for the quick response! Looks like there are a few things not yet working properly. We’ll fix and roll out a patch asap. Please do report you findings via email as well: http://weewar.com/contact

11. BigJohnson
    Posted March 2, 2008 at 05:19 | Permalink

Will not let me set up the map/game after creating one? Says its generating preview??

12. ShadowPanther
    Posted March 2, 2008 at 20:11 | Permalink

Same here… It says still generating preview… for 3 days. Do I have to click anything or do I leave it to generate?

13. KatetheGreat
    Posted March 3, 2008 at 23:44 | Permalink

Yes! I’ve created my first map, and the mapmaking feature is awesome.The interface is inclusive, but isn’t complicated or technical. And the free 1-month pro account is great!

14. KatetheGreat
    Posted March 3, 2008 at 23:45 | Permalink

My map won’t generate the preview after a while though…

15. Bert
    Posted March 5, 2008 at 12:27 | Permalink

The testserver will be down for a while today. We will roll out the latest bugfixes.

16. nocks
    Posted March 5, 2008 at 12:43 | Permalink

Yesterday I tried to register, today the server is down ;). I’m glad you’re “only” fixing the latest bugs, because I’m really interested in the new map editor.

17. Posted March 7, 2008 at 13:22 | Permalink

I have requested an invite, would be very happy to have it accepted, thanks!

18. Posted March 7, 2008 at 22:35 | Permalink

When this goes live, I’m definitely buying another pro account. Map making is going to be brilliant!

19. Posted March 8, 2008 at 12:40 | Permalink

The current test will end soon. We have already disabled free sign ups a few days ago as we are getting ready to roll this out to the live system. People have used the brief time to make some amazing maps and we will show some of them in a separate blog post soon.

20. ShadowPanther
    Posted March 8, 2008 at 17:38 | Permalink

Do we have to have pro to make maps :(

21. ShadowPanther