Make your own maps

Weewar Map Editor Last weekend we’ve rolled out one of the most exciting updates to date: You can now design and share your own maps! The creative output of the first 2 days alone has been amazing. We have seen hundreds of exciting maps being made and there are more coming in constantly.

Making a map is very easy: Just go to your headquarters, select the new maps-tab and click on “Create a new map” . Once you have set some initial dimensions you simply pick and “paint” terrains and units onto the map. You can use variable brush sizes and use every feature present on the regular maps.

When you are happy with your design you publish your map. This takes about one minute (during which you can already do other things) to create all the required files.

From then on you can use your map just like every other map. And so can every other player as your published maps appear in your profile, too.

You can also always improve or change your own published maps and every other map on the system by creating a new revision – And of course you are free to delete any of your own maps at any time.

While everybody can create and edit maps, publishing is only available to pro players. However, every pro player can still directly invite any player (pro or not) to new games, even on custom maps.

We are really excited about this and are looking forward to see your maps.

1. Stagolee
    Posted March 11, 2008 at 10:06 | Permalink

Excellent, Well done lads!

2. Posted March 11, 2008 at 14:07 | Permalink

This is great news! Can I sell my maps ;-) ?

Just kidding =) .

And now something completely different: What about FOW ;-) ?

3. techbrute
    Posted March 11, 2008 at 15:03 | Permalink

I’m loving this feature! However, I’m having some problems on http://battleground1.weewar.com/game/61348. I can’t end my turn.

4. Bram
    Posted March 11, 2008 at 20:56 | Permalink

I have the same problem as Permalink

5. Posted March 11, 2008 at 21:10 | Permalink

Hi guys! Looks like there is a problem with games in which a great many bases have been captured. We’ll fix asap but it might take another day. Sorry!

6. Posted March 11, 2008 at 23:05 | Permalink

We’ll need some sort of community voting so the good stuff bubbles up to the top. But you all are so on top of your game I’m sure its on the way. :)

7. Bop
    Posted March 12, 2008 at 18:53 | Permalink

Thanks for the update. Is there any way to search custom maps without checking individual profiles?

Thanks!

8. Posted March 12, 2008 at 19:30 | Permalink

I am afraid there is not (yet) Bop. But that will come soon. And it is included into the API so I am sure some 3rd party app will also be available soon.

9. adamv
    Posted March 13, 2008 at 12:47 | Permalink

It looks like the map feature is having problems. I have 3 new maps that are listed as published in my account (adamv) but it has been almost 8-10 hours and they still aren’t ready to go.

10. ShadowPanther
    Posted March 15, 2008 at 16:43 | Permalink

It may take a while to publish… It took like 3 days for most of the maps in the test server to publish…

Otherwise… How can we play maps that we made without pro? That’s really annoying… At least let us play the maps with our friends :(

11. Rainer
    Posted March 20, 2008 at 14:08 | Permalink

It would be cool if the map editor would offer a test mode, where you can place some units and test the beahviour on your created map, the moving range etc…

One Trackback/Pingback

1. […] und Beck ähnliche Anabolika genommen haben müssen: Es gibt echte Neuigkeiten! Weewar hat einen Map-Editor veröffentlicht, mit dem man – Achtung! – seine eigenen Maps kreiiren kann! Ist das nicht […]