New forum coming

New Weewar Forum We have decided to implement a regular forum for the Weewar community so you won’t need a separate registration or go to a remote site for discussions anymore. Instead the new forum will work from within the community section. It will tie in with your Weewar account and profile and should make interacting with others a lot easier.

We are planing the switch over for the 29th of May, starting at 2pm CET.

1. luckymustard
    Posted May 28, 2008 at 14:01 | Permalink

sounds great. it’s always seemed like a lot of players don’t visit the tangler forum. this will hopefully get them participating in discussions more. :)

2. Posted May 28, 2008 at 15:01 | Permalink

Hurrah!

And its a phpBB forum too……

If you need any help with it give me a shout, I consider myself an expert.
    Although that does look a but phpBB2 ish in the image…..

3. spadequack
    Posted May 28, 2008 at 21:20 | Permalink

Hooray! And I agree with luckymustard – it seems many players don’t use tangler. Hopefully this will establish a better sense of community within players

4. luckymustard
    Posted May 28, 2008 at 21:51 | Permalink

“switch over for the 28th of May, starting at 2pm CET”

isn’t it past this time? maybe i’m not understanding the timezone… :(

if it is past that time, then do you have an update? usually you would let us know if it’s been delayed.

5. Posted May 29, 2008 at 01:22 | Permalink

doh – got the date wrong. That happens when travelling between time zones. Sorry. Was meant to say 29th (fixed now)

6. ShadowPanther
    Posted May 29, 2008 at 03:40 | Permalink

I love phpBB, too bad you have to pay for one of those sites now :(

7. pluto
    Posted May 29, 2008 at 06:46 | Permalink

agreed with the other posters! new forum will be nice to have, but i did kinda like the tangler way of things

8. pluto
    Posted May 29, 2008 at 06:48 | Permalink

looks like this will enable us to have private messages which will be nice for team games :)

maybe real team game implementation will be next up??

9. Posted May 29, 2008 at 07:34 | Permalink

babysteps … babysteps! Skinning a forum is a lot of work. So version one will not be very feature rich (yet). Soon …

10. Posted May 29, 2008 at 11:04 | Permalink

Um…..ShadowPanther phpBB is FREE!

11. Posted May 29, 2008 at 15:08 | Permalink

Sounds great – but I like the fact that Tangler is a remote forum, too. It’s all part of the ecosystem that Weewar has, with lots of people spontaneously doing things like writing Greasemonkey scripts, making Tangler forums, making Battle Simulators, etc.

I hope this isn’t part of a move towards too much centralization. The more external sites talk about Weewar, the more it spreads.

12. Posted May 29, 2008 at 15:21 | Permalink

Good points Bonchon. We strongly believe in the evolving ecosystem around Weewar.

This is what we wanted to create from the beginning and we are absolutely committed to that strategy. (See also the new AI API.)

13. nocks
    Posted May 29, 2008 at 15:22 | Permalink

I’m looking forward to it. Great. :)

14. Posted May 29, 2008 at 16:01 | Permalink

Yesterday I mention that this place could use with a forum, today it becomes reality. What are the odds?!

Definitely glad it’s being implemented. This should also make it easier for members to contribute and improve the game.

15. Posted May 29, 2008 at 17:37 | Permalink

Nice one, Lucian. I’m searching for VC – could you try imagining that one, too? I’ll let you know if it becomes reality tomorrow :)

16. Darkbee
    Posted May 29, 2008 at 19:14 | Permalink

I think a forum is a good thing (and one step closer to private messaging!).

I don’t see it as taking away from the community, after all the community STARTS at weewar.com. Where it spreads from there is up to each individual.

I always had a problem having to have two logins to use one website, so I welcome being able to participate in discussions shaping the weewar future.

17. spadequack
    Posted May 30, 2008 at 02:51 | Permalink

Better community, but sooo many forum posts. Can’t… keep… up…

One Trackback/Pingback